[Dailydrool] Chunky Water, HGE, Happy Friday

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 10:41:39 PDT 2012

Happy Friday all!
I had to laugh at the story of food bits left in the water bowl. When we were honored to forever foster Grandma Zoe from Bluegrass, she always left a bunch of bits in the water dish after eating. I then noticed that Low Bed the Bassador would drink the bowl DRY to be able to eat all the bits! I would then have to watch him like a hawk because a little later he would need to go out and pee, pee, pee. I would be crossing my own legs in pain by the time he finished. Grandma was about 15 when she left all these food bits.

We have a LOT of experience with HGE in the Wilson household. Gigi has a spell about once a year. Angelicka described it to a T. Gigi does not usually have the vomiting with it, although she did with this last round a few weeks ago. She skipped over the usual warning signs of mildly bloody diarrhea straight to pooping mostly blood. She spent a night in the vetspital this time. I have found that what usually triggers it is some sort of drama or emotional upset or stress on my part. The only thing I can think of that triggered the last episode was a particularly busy week at work, babysitting my friends cats, and doing a big transport for ABC, the 6 Bassets from Texas going to New York (see their story on ABC's site). I know, what I described is a regular week in Chris Bly's world but it was more stressful than usual for me. Poor Gigi, her tummy did not like it. So whenever Gigi starts a spell, I need to examine what is stressing ME out. Funny, she is such
 a sturdy little girl, a tough player, but such a sensitive tummy! My own little barometer.

Take care, all.
Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang