[Dailydrool] Punish the deed not the breed

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:30:35 PDT 2012

If there's a pitbull involved in a dog attack, the media seizes on
that.  Any dog can be aggressive.

I've drove lots of transports - mostly basset hounds.  After the
basset hound, my next favorite breed is a German shepherd dog.  So I
try to help transport them when I have the opportunity.  I've even
transported a very sweet pitbull along with four basset hounds.

However the only dog that ever nipped me during a transport was a
Pomeranian.  I still remember the transport coordinator laughing it
off when I said he was aggressive and nipped me.  That was the last
small dog transport that I volunteered for.  Give me the bassets and
GSDs.

BTW the little Pom ended up biting his foster mom's daughter in the face.

Jan
Dexter (I call shotgun on tomorrow's transport)
Lady (I'll be napping on the sofa during the transport - bring me a present)