[Dailydrool] Bassets Do Grieve

Dossey, Gwenda G gdossey at te.com
Mon Jul 16 00:42:26 PDT 2012

I was reading about Dottie and Scooby and their owner wondering if they are grieving, too - I say YES!!  When we lost our Sadie Jean 6 years ago, our Casper mourned for a full month until GGBR asked us to take in Madden for a couple of days (again, that was 6 years ago!)!  I have a wonderful picture of her lying on the ground obviously grieving with my friends boy, Riley, lying right there with her comforting her!  It was taken 3 days after we lost Sadie Jean and is proof to me that they grieve!

Now, I also think that they feel your pain, too!  I sprained my ankle one day walking the girls around the neighborhood and still had 3/4 of a mile to get home, so I limped.  About a 1/4 mile from our house, Teddi started limping, too!  She kept that up for 2 days, so I took her to the vet who gave her a clean bill of health!  She also feels sad when one of us are sad and doesn't feel well when one of us is sick!  I call her my empathy!

~Gwen, Teddi, Madden & Sasha (with Tatum, Sadie Jean and Casper ATB)~ :->

(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.