[Dailydrool] Mid-ABHR's 2012 Wine & Waddle

Suzanne Fitch adopt4paws at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 07:55:07 PDT 2012

Sunday's weather cooperated for Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue's Wine & Waddle at Unionville Vineyards. An estimated 450 people and pets joined us for music, agility fun, wine tasting, terrific vendors, and great food (empanadas were excellent, as were the subs, ice cream, and hot dogs (special thanks to Lou Malenchek for donating his time and the hot dogs - 100% of proceeds went to Mid-ABHR).

The t-shirts with the logo designed by Mike McCartney (of McCartney Dogs fame) were a huge hit, even with the non-basset folks. You can see the logo on our Facebook page and can purchase them by sending an e-mail to us at info at midatlanticbassets.com with your information or using our PayPal link from our website with a note concerning the size and number of t-shirts you would like to purchase. They are $15 each. Sizes are small, medium, large, x-large, and 2X.

Michelle Schuster did an outstanding job of organizing this event. Our volunteers included Lois Lema with Buster Brown singing up a storm, Chris and Lou Malenchek, William and Allison Malenchek and friends from their car club, Laura & Bob Kuzmick, Richard Reynaud, Patrick and Polly Osborne, and Rose Hughes. Michelle's husband Rob, as well as her mom, dad, and brother were incredible throughout the event from set-up to packing up.

We are already planning next year's event, but are now gearing up for the next big event of our Tricky Tray on September 22, 2012 in Somerville, NJ. You won't want to miss that - we are consistently rated among the best in the area!

Suzanne Fitch
Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue