[Dailydrool] another thank you

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 17 15:36:46 PDT 2012

I have been meaning to type this out for everyone involved in rescue.  It is
from my daughters school.  They collect pennies for patients.  And this is it

Thank you .... the Starfish Poem

As I walked along the seashore.
This young boy greeted me.
He was tossing stranded starfish
Back to the deep blue sea.
I said, "Tell me why you bother.
Why waste your time this way?
There's a million stranded starfish
Does it matter, anyway?"

And he said, "It matter to this one.
It deserves a chance to grow.
It matter to this one.
I can't save them all I know.
But it matters to this one.
I'll return it to the sea.
It matter to this one.
And it matters to me."

From the mouths of babes.  And I have to say as a rescuer I brought home from
the pound a skinny, well worn hound with scars and very little hair who was so
skiddish she cringed when I went to pet her and four months later she is just
gorgeous and everyone stops and wants to pet her and she lets most of them.
Amazing the change in 4 months.  True, some of them will not be beautiful again
.... but many will .... mine is.

--Dale