[Dailydrool] Elvis ( still fine :)

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:00:49 PDT 2012

Thursday the 19th marks 2 years since Elvis was diagnosed with Lymphoma and on the 22nd marks 4 years since he lost the use of his back legs. My mom adopted him when he was two and he became a part of my family four years ago. Thank you to ABC rescue who saved him from a life of being crated in a garage nearly a dozen years ago! This old gentlehound has taught me much about patience and acceptance. At the end of the day, if you've still got your bed and bowl and someone to scritch your ears~ all is well with the world. His gentle nature has made him many friends, aunties and uncles. I cherish every day with him, though I confess to sometimes getting a little snarky when cleaning up yet another bodily function left by him on a just cleaned surface. He has taught me that the little things ARE the big things. Be grateful for all that you have and let the other stuff go. He is doing just fine and since Peanut and Peaches joined our family in 2010 he has really blossomed. While they can test his nerves some days- he is a pack hound and loves them. I love those moments when I find all three piled together snoozing. Peaches looks after him and gets him to play, while Peanut tends to use him more as a pillow. He doesn't mind. He was very tolerant of the puppies we just fostered even when they were like gnats in his face and chased (and chewed) his tail with the enthusiasm only a puppy has.
He sends a huge smooch to all of you who also love him and gives a four paws up to anyone who helps basset rescue so that others like him may also be saved.
droolies, Angelika