[Dailydrool] Change on the line up

Speedster speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 08:52:49 PDT 2012

Lately I've been noticing some pack order here. Rambo even though he is the youngest was alpha dog. Peggy the foster came in and she was the lowest on the totem pole. After Speedy has his bug bite he has become more feisty in the silliest way. He has more bounce in his step, he has been trying to hump Rambo and Peggy- something he wouldn't do before.

This morning I did the feeding and something happened to let me know the ordered changed. Peggy has to be on a diet that includes hydrolyzed protein and because of this I have to stand guard l.  Rambo tries to bully her to leave her food so he can eat it. Even as a pup Rambo used to do this with Speedy until we sprayed him with a water bottle to make him stop. Since Peggy is the lowest in the pack he stands like a Vulture ready to swoop down when she is done. Speedy also started standing guard to see when she finishes so he can eat her food. Well this morning Peggy finished, I allowed them to go lock her bowl and there must have been some kibble left cuz Speedy head butted Rambo to push him out of the bowl and proceed to eat the leftovers. Rambo sniffed and walked away. He wasn't going to challenge Speedy. My jaw just about dropped- that's never happened before! Has Speedy moved up in the world? Then I remembered the jumping and the bossing.

It seems the spider bite gave Speedy superpowers to become Alpha again. It doesn't only happen in comic books!

Nancy momslabe to:
Speedy the Basset with superpowers from an insect bite
Rambo - hey why is Speedy so bossy now
And Peggy the foster that doesn't like her food but will starve if she doesnt eat it.

Sent from my iPhone