[Dailydrool] Quick question

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Thu Jul 19 23:42:07 PDT 2012

My Gracie is 14, and she has just recently developed a wart-like growth
inside her eyelid that rubs on her eye.  It is making her eye have a lot of
nasty discharge, and I think it's hurting her, although she does not rub or
paw at her eye.  It's not a soft growth like a blister, it looks like a wart
and it is on the underside of her eyelid and protrudes out just a tiny bit.
Anyway, we went to the Vet today, and the first thing she said was that
Gracie is kind of old to put under anesthesia.  I asked if there was
anything else we could do to help, and she said they could give us drops to
help the eye, but there's nothing to help the wart except to remove it.  I
went ahead and scheduled the surgery for Monday, but am wondering what those
of you who have experienced something like this think.  It bothers me a bit
that the very first thing the Vet said was Gracie is awfully old to be going
under anesthesia.  Anyone?

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net