[Dailydrool] LuLu and the green beans

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:55:50 PDT 2012

I always have found it interesting how bassets can get mad at YOU when they
break a well established rule in the household and get punished for it.
Then they feel the need to punish YOU because they were bad.  Some are
worse than others.  Bismark ATB was the absolute worst.  He would lay on
the floor and blow his cheeks out at me until I laid on the floor and
apologized to him.

Right now I am in rare form.  I have 2 out of 3 mad at me.  Beauford is
laying on the big dog bed with his back to me refusing to look at me.  This
is because I was making lunch and I was cutting my gluten free bread.  His
siblings needed outside.  I went to let them outside.  He stole my bread
off the counter.  We have this ongoing thing about my bread going.  Yes, I
yelled at him.  Yes, I gave him a time out.  I need to remember to carry
the bread with me, but he KNOWS this is going to make me very angry (well
actually something else, but I don't know if that will get past the
moderators).

Browyn is mad at me.  Yesterday I told her to bring in her moose and her
hedgehog.  They are technically inside toys and are not supposed to be
outside, but sometimes I get tired of fighting with her.  It was going to
rain.  I told her they were going to get wet if she didn't bring them in
and she wouldn't be happy if they got wet.  She basically told me, "Up
yours.  I am a princess and I don't have to."  I said,"Fine.  They will get
wet."  Now she is mad at me because they are soaked and she wants to bring
more dry indoor toys outside, and I won't let her.  So, she won't have
anything to do with me.  I should have told Bugsey to go get the toys, or I
should have gone and gotten the toys.  Bugsey is very good at bringing in
the indoor toys when I ask him to.  I wasn't going to do it after Browyn
told me "Up Yours."  I mean after all, only stubborn people would put up
with a stubborn dog, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

It takes a lot to make Bugsey mad at me.  Unfortunately, when he finally
gets mad, he stays mad...for days.  Just ask Browyn.  She took his cowhoof
right out of his mouth twice in one day.  He ignored her for three days.
On day three she got spayed and he just had to make sure she was okay.
Then he was waiting on her hand and foot because she wasn't.

Jennifer momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn