[Dailydrool] Zoey-today

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jul 20 15:58:08 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I took the day off to make sure I would be home with Zoey, only the vet
wanted her there for the day.  SO I did chores and did catch a small nap
with 5 hounds in various hogging spots on the bed.

Zoey is drinking by herself, (YAY), but not eating.  I forced 2 chunks of
boiled chicken down her a little bit ago, and will try to get her to eat a
few more bites later on.  She does not have pancreatitis with this.yet, and
we would really like to not have her get it.  I have a belief, although it
is not founded on any fact,  that empty bellies, with acid production in
there, can be a catalyst for pancreatitis.  Call me crazy, but I swear, when
we keep a little bit in the bellies,  stomach issues seem to not happen.

Anyhow, so that is a huge reason for me to force some food in her.  She had
her catheter taken out this afternoon, so do not have to be at the vet again
tomorrow.  Will start on oral meds in the morning.  She is puttering in and
out by herself, which is so very good to see.

Thanks again to you all for the drool for Zoey.  I think she is going to be
just fine.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!