[Dailydrool] Snoopy and the funeral

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 21 14:13:35 PDT 2012

Hi it's the clueless momPerson and yes you read that right.

So, last night I went to walk the dogs.  Lately I walk Cyrus and LuLu and then I
come back and walk Snoopy separately.  Cyrus and LuLu tend to be quiet and they
greet many people and dogs in the neighborhood.  Snoopy is ridiculous with his
howling and carrying on.  He also has a number of friends (dogs and people) who
come rushing out to play with him.  But I have found that if I have all 3 I wind
up VERY frustrated with Snoopy and his antics, whereas if I walk him separately
I can really enjoy him.

Anyway last night around 7 I walked Cyrus and LuLu.  I had come home and changed
dogs and had Snoopy and was walking past a neighbor's home (we've lived here
over 16 years, we know most people) and one of the grandchildren came shooting
out between the shrubs and grabbed Snoopy around the neck.  They're good kids,
nice kids but they're little and nobody's told them not all dogs will put up
with that kind of rough handling.  Snoopy loves kids, even tiny newborn babies
so he didn't care and then her sister came running and grabbed both his ears and
another one (a cousin of these two girls I think) came and the three of them
were dancing around Snoopy and playing and laughing.  A couple more of the
grandkids wandered out and I was starting to wonder why everybody was all
dressed up on Friday evening.  I was talking to one of the older boys (maybe 12)
and at this point maybe 8 of the grandkids were dancing and laughing and petting
Snoopy and one of the little, little girls claimed he'd kissed her ear ..... and
a big golden retriever walked by on the other side of the street.  Snoopy
started to ahrooooooooooo and all the kids joined in .... ahrooooooooooo
ahroooooooooooooooo and that's when my neighbor came out.  She is in her 80s and
she came out to say hello with all her sons and daughters and in laws and she
said to me "I heard that sound and it went right through to my soul.   You know
(and I didn't) that we buried my husband today and we've come from the funeral
just a while ago.  I think my husband sent me a sign through Snoopy."  All of
her sons and daughters came over to pet Snoopy and love on him with big smiles.
 So between the kids and the grandkids there must have been 15 or 20 people
petting him and loving on him all at once.  Good thing he's a big basset.

Amazing how these bassets touch people's souls.  At least I was amazed.

I remain .... the clueless momPerson with Snoopy (I touch people's souls) and
Cyrus (I'm big and black and people are afraid of me) and LuLu too (I am the
cuddliest creature on earth)