[Dailydrool] Buckley ATB

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 09:45:44 PDT 2012

Hello Droolers,  I have been a lurker on the Drool for the past few years,
but do check in regularly to keep up with my virtual hound family.  It is
with a very heavy heart that I write today out of grief for my beautiful
Buckley, a BROOD foster failure that was with me for three years.  I am
wracked with guilt over feeling that I sent this amazing animal to the
bridge too soon.  Buckley's arthritis was so severe; I had him on 150 mg of
Rimadyl supplemented with Tramadol to keep him mobile.  On days I back
down, his back legs weren't even aligned with the rest of him.  I knew we
were in trouble when he started drinking loads of water and urinating in
the house.  I am so sick with myself for yelling at him when he did that;
it wasn't his fault.  The vet said we were looking at a number of things,
none of which were going to be easily treatable, and could be
symptom-managed at best.

What is so hard is that of all my hounds, he was my most loyal.  Buckley
never let me out of his sight, wherever I was, he was.  The way he looked
at me with such trust and love is not something I will ever forget.

There are so many things I wish I had done differently, and am kicking
myself harder than anything for what I feel was knee-jerk reaction.  What
an amazing, amazing hound.  I'd do nearly anything to have him right here
on the couch with me today.

Sad, sad ahroos,
Lisa
with Baloo, Zoe, and Buckley ATB