[Dailydrool] Rosie the Basset Puppy

Shirley snoozinhounds at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 20:01:09 PDT 2012

It has been at least 14 years since we had a puppy.  We always adopt
youngsters or middle age or older dogs but this time we went with a rescue
puppy.  She is adorable , funny and loving.  She is also
A chewing machine, into everything, an avid gardener, and very strong
willed.  She constantly breeches the 3 foot invisible force field around 13
yr old Sally Belle (who has no patience for this young upstart) then there
is Gordy who has the patience of Job.  He plays with her until he is  so
tired he is ready for his bed.    Both teach her lessons that she needs to
know that only other canines can teach.  We have puppy proofed the house and
every day it becomes more so as we find something else that we need to pick
up or hide.
She has found her reflection in the mirror and can¹t imagine why that puppy
doesn¹t follow her when she runs out of the room.  Tonight she was in the
bathroom with me chewing on a toy when she decides she should grab
everything in range while I am trying to take a bath, she drank the bath
water, grabbed the washcloth, soap towel.  It was not a restful bath this
evening for me but it was game time for my Rosie.
I have had house guest all but a few days for the last 6 weeks and have not
had time to shop for a crate.  Rosie sleeps in a pack and play crib.  Works
great but as she gets heavier we will need a crate.
Having a puppy is exhusting but great fun.  I wasn¹t sure I had the energy
for her but it seemed the thing to do at the time.  A good choice on my part
!    While I might complain about all the work she causes it has been a
great experience. (exhusting but fun.)  Gordy agrees but Sally not so much.
Husband is smitten and I love her to pieces.  Thanks Droopy for allowing
Rosie to come into our lives.
Shirley Mueller
MOM to Sally Belle, Gordy and the ever busy Rosie