[Dailydrool] Bassets, Fruit, other breeds

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:35:03 PDT 2012

Our first basset Tia (atb) loved all fruits and vegetables.  Of course
Tia loved FOOD period.  The folks at the local Starbucks knew her and
her drink.

My basset Dexter loves bananas. He will steal a banana off the
counter.  Before eating, he will peel the banana.  He's always up to
try any fruit or vegetable.  Of course he has food allergies so it's a
no-no except for potatoes.  Dexter has eaten a baked potato for a
special treat (no butter, no sour cream).

My basset nephew Boomer likes bananas, apples, pineapple (fresh not
canned), green beans, etc.  If it hits the floor, then he'll try it
once or twice.

My lab Lenny (atb) would eat apples if you removed the skin. Lenny
wasn't food motivated at all.  If he was human, he would have been one
of those people that forget to eat.

Then there's Wolfgang (atb), he would eat anything - fruit, vegetable,
pillows, wood, soda cans, etc. That shepherd kept me on my toes.  He
stole a whole pineapple off the counter to eat.  If you think a basset
countersurfing is bad, try a 95 lb shepherd. To this day, I think
Boomer taught Wolfgang how to countersurf.

Jan
Lady & Dexter