[Dailydrool] Socializing

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 12:21:27 PDT 2012

Hi all! First I want to send my condolences and Edmond's heart-healing drool to those of you who have a lost a furbaby recently. They are leaving much too soon. Also sending healing drool to those who need it.

I have a question about socializing and since so many of you are basset experts this seems like the place to go! When we got Edmond (almost  a year ago) we lived in an apartment so we took him every weekend that it wasn't a downpour to the dog park. We wanted him to get some energy out and mingle with other dogs. (Yes, he also went on at least 4 walks a day during the week).

Now that we have moved into our house and it has a huge yard, Edmond doesn't need the dog park to help burn off his energy. My question is can he "lose" his socializing skills? We have three Australian shepherds that share a chain link fence with Edmond and they play along the hedges, but separate. I haven't seen any signs of him becoming intolerant (he is a very submissive basset) but just want to be sure I am doing right by him.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Love, drool and snooter kisses.
Kimi & Edmond Dawd (still tryin' to find da rats!)