[Dailydrool] the herd helps out..wrong oh so wrong

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Tue Jun 5 11:02:00 PDT 2012

well my herd traveled out to quakertown vet this saturday to help mid atlantic basset hound rescue with fund raising at the animal fair held at the vet there.  it was my first time heading out that way.  so i loaded up the big ugly van & headed on out.

buster as usual helped out by singing his little heart out.  this time he wore his pirate costume..which was a big hit.  miss sally made her debut as a ballerina.  she wore her new skirt which she got as an easter present (who knew she liked to dress up?) & a lovely bow on her head.  yep..she wore both of them all day..& had many admirers.  go figure.  miss lowla made the trip as well..she wore the muzzle of shame since she tends to "de-pants" folks if the stop petting her to soon.  she too garnered much love & attention & thankfully no tidy whiteys were seen during the day!

they were joined by rocky the ba-triever  a golden -basset mix who was a huge crowd favorite & harley..both foster boys up for adoption.

we took 3rd place in the costume contest, which was ok.  1st place went to a pig.  yup a pot bellied pig in a costume with sparklers.  i am ok with losing to a pig.  anytime you can get a pig to wear a costume & walk in a contest...i give you props.

many good contacts were made.  much fun was had & the boy sang many good tunes.

miss sally cried when i removed her bow.  oh so wrong.....

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."  Albert Einstein

"Antiquity"                @www blurb .com
"Tater Takes a Trip" @  www.blurb.com
"Passion...a journey"  @ www.blurb.com