[Dailydrool] Bona update

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 6 12:41:17 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Wanted to let you know Bona did well through the night and has been up
urinating and walking.   AT this time, she has not drank or eaten, and is
still on fluids.   They are going to let me bring her home, leaving her
catheter in and I will see how she does tonight.   If she responds like last
time, it was a few days before she ate and drank by herself, so I imagine,
she will get to spend a few more days with our vet.  I did ask for the High
Roller Suite next time for her.

I also asked about how often can a dog go through this sort of surgery.  I
know there are other dogs out there that eat inappropriate items, and some
do it time after time.   Our vet said that many dogs can go through the
surgery as often as is needed,   sometimes it is the owners who give up, due
to expense of each surgery.

We are Bona proofing the house more tonight and a cage muzzle will be
ordered once I get her measurements.  I really hate the thought of the
muzzle,  but we just cannot trust her.   She won't have to wear it all the
time,  but if not crated while we are gone, then she will have it on.

I sure hope none of the other Bounders think they can learn something new
from her..may have to have a come to Wendie meeting with everyone tonight.

Storming here, so there are a pack of hounds laying around my chair,
drooling like the rain,  it all goes out to anyone in need!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!

 <http://www.bassetshop.com/> www.bassetshop.com          shop online and