[Dailydrool] Poopy Butt

James Emma dariaemma at verizon.net
Wed Jun 6 16:21:28 PDT 2012

Hello all!  I have to say that I have not encountered this before with my other 2 bassets. Tony's arthritis is getting worse and for the last week I haven't been ablet o give him as much Rimadyl as usual. It is a small dose, 75mg, a day because that is all he can tolerate. He has been on Flagyl for anal gland issue and diarrhea for a week.  SO, when he goes outside to do his business, the poop kinda rubs on his fur and underside of tail.  He can't lift his tail as high or squat as deeply as he could before.  I have to wash his butt every afternoon when I get home from work.  Any advice from my drool friends?  Any ointment or  spray for the butt to keep anything from sticking and drying on butt?

I've been trying to keep up with the travellers to the Bridge and send a private note but I know I missed a few.  Drool to all that have lost a fur baby and drool to all in need.

Daria(I have to invest in latex gloves for this butt cleaning duty) and Tony(it's not like I do this on purpose) in FL