[Dailydrool] Floyd and Bona updates

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jun 8 16:55:19 PDT 2012

Hi all,  thanks to all who have had these 2 in thoughts, prayers and drool!

Floyd had 6 teeth removed,  I got them back and they look like caca.
Anyhow, his face has swelled up from the gum trauma, cause you know, it just
could not have been easy.  He is on pain meds and anti-inflammatory meds,
and he is eating soft food.  I think right now it probably hurts me more
than it does him.  I know in a day or so, he will be back to his normal
handsomest self.  And he did great in surgery, for being over 15!

I do not like to at that age, but again,  it was necessary.

Bona is not progressing as well.  She was also diagnosed with pancreatitis
and we are having a tough time getting food in her.  Also, she may have some
Illius.  Not sure on spelling, but is when the intestines do not have their
wave motion to move food along.  Hard to say since she is not eating well.
Tonight I have syringe her about 25cc of SD AD and so far she has kept it
down.   Hoping this weekend she will turn the corner as the vet thinks we
may need to go in on Monday for a look and a feeding tube.   I do not know
how I feel about that idea, so am doing some thinking and will deal with
that if I have to.  She has perked up slightly from yesterday,   but still
is not out of the woods.

Thanks to you all,  for being here for all of us.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!

 <http://www.bassetshop.com/> www.bassetshop.com          shop online and