[Dailydrool] Siezures, Agathon, Twinkie, .China June 11 day on the DD calendar

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 21:25:59 PDT 2012

Hi all, It has been a while since I have been on. I have been lurking and reading.
First off, I would like to talk about Seizures,..When Rex came into our lives, he was 7 and 1/2 years
of age. His mommy, was going into the military and none of her family would take him. We talked,
since we knew each other from the DQ, me getting cones for my Chance, her, working there.
We talked about our love of our boys a lot. I told her I would take him til I could find him a furever home.
She brought him to the house, Rex and Chance hit it off. then I found out WHY!!! after some chatting,
(could never get over that we did not know this before) they were Brothers, yes Brothers. So Rex was
not going anywhere. About 2 days after Rex came, I was sitting on the floor with him and Chance when
out of the blue, his head started to tremor, it went straight up, til him nose was facing the sky..he was looking at me.
like HELP, I held him, talked an cooed to him til it stopped, then his head was hot to the touch. I was on the phone to the vet
and he had me bring him in after the fit, because he wanted to not have me transfer him in the middle of the fit.
Dr V determined that rex was suffering from Epilepsy, he went on Phenobarbital. It was a daily dose, plus,
if he started to have a fit, I would crush one in my fingers, as I was shoving it down his throat. It helped to stop it sooner.
Blessed be to any hound, going through this, it is scary to see and so hard on the hound.
I have been shedding tears over so many trips to the Bridge,,  I don't remember names, except Tina Herbert's sweet Agathon and
Janet Kapanowski's beloved Twinkie. hugs and love to you and to anyone else who has had a beloved pet make the journey to the Bridge.
I too do not let food, treats or toys made in China enter our home. I will take no, no, no chances.
June 11, 2012 Molly Bob's picture is the picture of the day. It is her 8th birthday. I am so happy that we have had her in our lives for just
over 7 years.
Martha