[Dailydrool] Kidney diet continued

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Tue Jun 12 21:37:39 PDT 2012

Forgot to mention two things concerning the possible kidney problem that
maybe someone smarter and more experienced can answer or clarify.
1. This dog is on a weekly dose of DES for incontinence. Could that
impact bloodwork? I assume the vet noticed this in the records, but one
should never assume.
2. Also prescribed was SAM-E. We looked at it in a store and it's for
joint problems (she's already on an expensive joint medication) and to
"improve mood." There's  nothing wrong with her mood-wise. She has, of
course, slowed down with age, but otherwise is her same old self and
frequently quite puppy-ish. What on earth has SAM-E got to do with kidneys?

Riche (who probably should take SAM-E herself)