[Dailydrool] Kidney diet

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Jun 14 06:49:55 PDT 2012

Riche:
When Jane's kidney numbers went off, we visited a board-certified nutritionist, who made up a home-cooked diet for her. It really wasn't that much cooking--one diet she gave us was for French toast. And of course you can cook up a number of days' food at once.

If you don't have a nutritionist in your area, you can also get a script from your vet and have a diet made up online. The one our nutritionist favored was www.balanceit.com. There you can also buy an additive that will provide all the vitamins and minerals that will make for a balanced diet. Unhappily, by the time we got this, we had to put Jane to sleep because we discovered she had cancer. But her last bloodowork showed that the kidney disease was under control, so I believe this diet business can really work.
Pam