[Dailydrool] Sophie and the builder's chalk

Diana Grove dianaegrove at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:57:55 PDT 2012

It's wet.  Sophie's bored.  Suddenly she appears in the kitchen with a container of bright pink builder's chalk.  She's managed to chew through the top, so she's leaving a trail of lurid pink powder (think printer toner!).  Swop container for a treat - good girl.  Look at  floor (tiled - thank doG) - three big curves of pink, and lots of little pink paw prints.  Sweep what I can, decide it's going to have to be washed on hands and knees.  Get basin of water and cloth.  Sophie, please don't drink the water.  Good, the powder dissolves and comes off easily in water - yes Sophie I love you but I can't see what I'm doing if you are going to kiss my face.  Nearly done.  What's that noise?  Remove biro from Sophie's mouth.  Finish floor.

Floor still has a slight pink tinge, but that will come off in the next few washes - should be able to use a steamer or mop for those.  Sophie has pink-tinged paws and tail - unfortunately mostly gone by the time I got the camera.

And throughout this, I'm laughing, thinking of TBO and the blue Miss Molly http://www.allan-der.com/tbo/writings-2.htm (second story down).

Oh yes, and it's going to be wet for the next couple of days . . .

Diana, Sophie and Rooney (I was asleep - did I miss something?)