[Dailydrool] Monster Holly, Runaway Clara, Aging and Early Breakfasts

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 02:56:49 PDT 2012

Just catching up on the drools. So sad to hear of all who have departed for the Bridge recently and we send comforting drool. Pam, I had to chuckle when I read about Holly ("monster") as she sounds a real character and you must keep us updated with her doings, I think she has all the makings of a fine member of the OEBE and they would indeed be proud to have her. Sally, I can just imagine Clara's little innocent face at the door when she had been found, but yes thank Dog, it could've been really serious, and if it had been Rolph instead he would've no doubt been hot-footing it round to the local supermarket to check out their deli counters :)   I have also noticed Morse is getting quite white around the face and his colour is fading a little towards his tail.  Makes him all the more precious. With the light mornings over here now, we are back to the old "isn't it breakfast time yet" rigmarole again. 5am is fine but this morning it was 3am.
 Morse kindly woke me with his usual unnecessarily loud shake of his ears, and had the gall to turn and see if it had had the desired effect, i.e. blinking, spluttering etc. I bawled at him that it was too early but he merely shot down the stairs and I found him lying patiently (smugly, in fact) at the foot of the stairs as I stumbled down, muttering. He did at least have the grace to go in the garden for a pee after breakfast, which didn't make it quite as bad as I then justify that perhaps he needed to go.  Although rationally I know this is rubbish as he can easily hold his bladder for around 17 hours when it suits him (when too lazy to go out in the morning and hasn't been the night before). He then brought a rank old bone upstairs and proceeded to chew on it (deafeningly) for the next 10 mins.  *sigh*
Becky,Morse and Pumbaa ATB
Drool to all in need
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB