[Dailydrool] Giving treats

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 08:17:27 PDT 2012

Duchess and Blueberry were such unbelievably mellow (read "supremely lazy")
 houndettes.  Sometimes they thought it was too much trouble to bother
waking up even to get a treat.  So while they stayed lying down feigning
sleep, I'd push the treat under the lipper flappers, and those big old  alligator
jaws would slowly chomp away, all without even raising a head or  opening
an eye.

When they were more awake (rare opportunity), they (or maybe mostly me)
liked to take the treat (especially if it were an Oreo) right out of my  mo
uth.  "Food kissie," I'd call, then put a little piece between my lips,  and so
gently a big old basset mouth would appear and carefully swipe it away
(leaving, yes, a ring of drool).

I miss the little things!

Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)