[Dailydrool] RE : Finicky Hounds

Nancy nancykay9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:57:02 PDT 2012

We had never met a finicky hound, until we got Tina. She has been extra-finicky twice in the three years we've known her. The first time it turned out that she had uveitis, an inflammation of the middle part of her eye, and it hurt to put her head down into the bowl. The second time, it turned out she needed to have five bad teeth extracted (last week), and it hurt to eat.

We'd had Tina's teeth cleaned last year, so the dental problems were a big surprise, as were the eye problems. Both times, we thought she was just being picky, was tired of the same old thing, it was too hard, boring, upsetting, whatever, so we tried different food, different bowls, different bribes . . . and both times the poor thing had medical problems!

It's possible that a vet visit could get you some insight . . .

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank and Tina-Weena