[Dailydrool] Augie's hurting

julie scarponcini jdsqltwvr54 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:28:01 PDT 2012

Two weeks ago today, Augie was on the ottoman taking a snooze, when he fell off with a loud thunk.  I was in another room, and went to see what was going on with him.  He was moving, but was favoring his left hind leg.  I thought he might have bruised it, then he was not using his leg at all and crying when he moved.  After x rays, the vet decided he had ACL problems.  He is taking aspirin and Tramadol twice a day, and has not shown much improvement.  I understand this could be a very long haul.  When our son is home, he carries Augie out to do his business.  Augie doesn't show much inclination to move around at all.  Doesn't help that he is 10 1/2 years old.  I guess my point in writing is to encourage people to keep the houndage off the furniture, it is much safer for them to be on the floor.  Easier said than done, I know.  I feel so bad for my poor boy.  Julie the doGmother who has learned the hard way, and Augie Long Doggie from fiery hot Colorado