[Dailydrool] Announcement!

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 20:13:32 PDT 2012

After having lost Buttercup to a tragic accident several weeks ago (please don't ask, I am still not ready to discuss it. I may never be. We miss her so very much!), we decided to add another Basset to our family. Buster was the only one left. I had been searching for a couple of weeks, but there were not that many Bassets to be found. We wanted to rescue one and looked on Petfinder and Craigslist daily. We were looking for a female but all I found were males. At last I found a 7 week old male Tricolor Buppy. We brought him home Tuesday of this week and named  him Bailey. We had to keep him in a separate room, as he is so much smaller than the other dogs . We thought he needed a playmate, so yesterday I went on Petfinder again (as I had done for many days before). Lo and behold the first one that popped up was a 4 month old purebred male Tricolor Buppy in a kill shelter in Mississippi, about 150 miles away. Needless to say, he is now in his forever home with us. I watched carefully as they sniffed each other for the first time, then they began a play session that only stops when they eat or sleep. It is so adorable to watch. We named the second Buppy Barney, so we now have Bailey, Barney and Buster.  No dog ever takes the place of one you have lost, but they make their own place in your heart. Run free at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Buttercup, with all those who have gone before. We will all be together again one day. Just remember, we will always love you. With love drops running down my cheeks for Buttercup, I also have a smile on my face thanks to the Buppies.
We haven't posted much lately due to work, farm chores, etc. I am sorry that we have not posted responses to houndies who are sick or have gone to the Bridge. Rest assured, that although I have not posted, I have kept you all in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard on us when they are sick or go to the Bridge. Elder Clara, please close and lock the Bridge gates for while. We are all about to drown in the deluge of tears shed lately. Everyone here is sending drool to all those in need, and the bipeds are sending prayers.
Brenda, Bob and the Thundering Herd.