[Dailydrool] Pecking Order and Insanity

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:30:09 PDT 2012

As many of you may remember, we got sweet little Browyn back on St. Patty's
day.  At that time it was pretty obvious to me, her dad, and her foster
mommy that she was going to rule the roost at our house and the boys,
Beauford and Bugsey, were going to play second fiddle in the pack.  This
really didn't seem to bother anyone involved.

Then Browyn turned about 6 months old and we had her spayed and she healed
and she hit the terrible twos and Beauford woke up one morning and decided
that Browyn was not going to grow up to be queen.  Beauford is not beating
her up.  Browyn is not beating Beauford up.  They are just constantly
picking on each other.  For the most part Bugsey stays out of it.  The only
way he gets involved is if someone is rude enough to steal the nylabone or
toy he is actively playing with.  Then he goes and gets it back.  He
growls, but he does not bite, so I stay out of it.  Beauford and Browyn are
a little meaner to each other.  They take ALL the nylabones and toys from
each other and just hog them.  Since they are not harming each other, I am
staying out of it.

While I am staying out of it, this is highly annoying and requires a
certain amount of wine on my part not to want to strangle everyone.  Am I
handling this correctly?  Is this going to end before someone dies?  Help!

Jennifer, in need of a padded room because she has to deal with Beauford,
Bugsey and Browyn, all of whom she loves very, very much