[Dailydrool] pecking order

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:22:03 PDT 2012

When Zelda walked in (toddled in) she took over except that for a long time
the boys didn't really believe her. She did everything but wear a tiara and
a sign that  read: QUEEN FOR GOOD: WATCH IT BUSTER.
We found that as she aged she did more enforcement work. It didn't require
teeth. It was a LOOK. It was both hilarious and maddening.The only one she
couldn't bully was Cooper, and he cut her a lot of slack. He had a thing
for her, but they were both intact and perhaps had secret and forever
unfulfilled plans. BelgBassets. Basselgians. Herd your rabbit right into
the stew pot....
At any rate it was not to be, but as long as her short life permitted Zelda
ruled the roost. Her sense of organization was fabulous. I still miss her
dirty looks and lipperflaplifts--- enough to send the most determined male
Basset on his way.
When she was in season, even cats looked sexy. When she was through, boy
you better keep your paws off!!!
Here was the pecking order in the house:

Zelda/Cooper   (they shared but did not ever admit it.)
Everyone else.

Beware the bitches, people, for the bitches shall inherit the earth.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley (who is in bed with the doggie
pancreatitis today.)