[Dailydrool] Tallulah ATB 6/27/2012

gusandto at comcast.net gusandto at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 18:55:09 PDT 2012

HI Drool Family

 Sorry I have dropped off the radar back in Feb. My Tallulah started to have unexplained health issues right around my birthday. She ended up at the vet for 3 days having IV fluids and medications for pancreatic. My reg Vet kept saying something was wrong but it was hard to say what, because there was no marker one direction or the other. I had the Holistic vet go over all the test she had but he had the same conclusion as the reg vet. So she seemed to be better and life went on. On March 19th I was on my last day of vacation at the beach with T and Jake when I noticed T was limping. I examined the leg to find a mass in the armpit. We went right to the Holistic vet and we were hoping it was a reaction to her IV she had had in the leg for 3 days. I treated it for inflammation fro 1 week. There was no major change so a needle biopsy was done. 2 days later I got the news.Tallulah had a very aggressive malignant tumor in the muscle of her armpit. Surgery was not an option because of the location and prognosis of life expectancy was just a few weeks. With the vets help we beefed up her supplements put her on a special remedies for the cancer and hoped that I would get more then few weeks. I'm very happy She was with me and the Thomas clan for 3 months. I knew time was short. Over the last 2 weeks she couldn't walk more then 10 to 15ft before having to rest, she was requiring more pain management everyday plus her unpredictability in behavior (biting) lead me to the choice let her go.

It was beautiful her Auntie Joni and Auntie Alexa were there and we all sat out in the Vets front yard in the grass in the sun. Tallulah got lots of treats (short breve` latte) pets and words of love before we set her free to run at the bridge with My Gus and Wally and everyone else who is there to meet her.

I want to write about her and her life she had with me. But later now I need a glass one wine to toast her life.

Patty Crawford

Gus ATB http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936
Wally ATB http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1175866