[Dailydrool] Vacs and glaucoma and pressures

Anitra Palato-Montoya santanapants at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:54:52 PST 2012

I know this is a touchy subject but Santana is due for his shots and
annual.  I have read on a blind dogs board that a few of the dogs had
increase in eye pressure after the Lepto injection.
At his last eye doc appt on 2/14 his optic nerve looked great in the left
seeing eye, and his prosthetic on the right eye healed up nicely.
The eye doc wasn't sure why when he was recovering some surgery he had a
high reading at the ER vet on that seeing eye, but he was thinking either
it was a false positive and the ER vet did't do it right.  But we have
never had a high reading on that eye just the right which is gone now.

So for those of you who wish to respond privately please do.  Do you give
lepto?

He needs his DAPP2 and lepto...I am going to do this tomorrow night so that
i am home with him during the weekend to watch the eye.  Then I am thinking
to split the vacs up and just do one so IF there is a optic pressure
increase I will know what it was from.

Thanks!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes all
creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes all
living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on wings.~
Alicia S. Carpenter"