[Dailydrool] Jordan goes walkabout

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 16:19:28 PST 2012

Yesterday I was getting ready to leave the house so I let the bassets out (Drummer and Gracie are staying here for a week) and ran upstairs to brush my teeth, Came down and called the dogs in and whoops! only four show up. Uh oh, no Jordan and she is usually first. I grabbed some duck jerky and searched the back yard in case she was stuck in one of the areas I have fenced off. No Jordan. Then I saw where my outside fence had partially collapsed and there was a big hole. I totally panicked! So I am starting to search, calling her name and growing more frantic by the minute as there is a fair sized hunk of  woods behind my house. About 15 minutes later when I am sweating, panting, heart racing I see a neighbor and his young daughter coming towards me with Jordan on a leash. He is dog owner who lives several houses away and saw her in the woods just "sort of looking around". He figured she was one of mine so he leashed her up and headed my way. I was so grateful and I practically squeezed the life out of Jordan hugging her. She is just fine and after I calmed down and got my breathing and heart back to normal, I made some temporary repairs to the fence but after dark I am going to put her on a tie out just in case until I get someone in to fix the fence. What really PO's me is that my X promised me a year ago that he would get someone and pay to have the fence replaced. We will have some words when he comes to pick up his dogs next Sunday!
Guess I can skip my stress test this year.

Kathy with Crackers, Loki, Jordan and Gracie and Drummer who act like they never left.

Kr1204
kr1204 at aol.com