[Dailydrool] Angela's happy birthday

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sat Mar 10 07:36:53 PST 2012

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva  of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela's birthday open house was a screaming success
as usual, but this time within the guidelines that were set out by
Dr. Cathy as to massive quantities of fatty treats.  Lots of her
friends and neighbors dropped by to pay their respects.  Angela
only went crazy barking once, when her Uncle Donnie came in.
The rest of the time, she accepted all belly rubs, ear skritches
and general petting graciously, as though it were her due.  It
must have been really tiring being the guest of honor, though.
She spent most of the next two days in a horizontal mode, only
occasionally breathing loudly.  During those two days, it became
obvious that many of her guests had slipped her human treats
from the buffet table.  Her digestive system produced vast clouds
of noxious vapors with various spicy notes and a definite under-
tone of cheese.  This tapered off as the week wore on which is
a very good thing for me.  Her practice of sleeping on the couch
with her hindquarters snugged up against my thigh makes it
so very obvious when she is releasing more of her silent-but-
deadlies.  I was almost ready to get up and leave the room,
but her peaceful breathing and warm presence kept me in my
normal place.  My sense of smell and ability to discriminate
between tastes should return at any moment.

Miss Angela wishes to thank those who sent birthday wishes
and cards.  If she can stay awake for more than twenty minutes
at a stretch, we may get around to individual replies.  But don't
count on it.

Bill  (now back to grading papers on Roman epic poetry)
Angela (Skkkknnnnnnxxxxxxxxxxx)