[Dailydrool] I heart my bassets - even more after dogsitting a beagle‏

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Fri Mar 16 10:06:06 PDT 2012

Re: your sister's unspayed dog (I don't recall if it was the beagle or the jrt mix?), why don't you tell your sister how she can prevent some awful diseases by spaying?  Because the surgery involves removal of the ovaries and uterus, spayed dogs do not get uterine or ovarian cancer or pyometra (infection of the uterus which can be fatal if not detected and treated soon enough). If the cost is the issue, you could point out how the cost of prevention is far less than the cost of treatment.  Plus if you were willing to secretly spay the dog, you could offer to assist with the cost!

Susan