[Dailydrool] Jordan casts a spell

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 15:59:20 PDT 2012

Today I had a vet apt for Jordan's annual "tune up"; shots, bloodwork, physical. I have become very adept at wrangling the dog going with me away from the others and getting them into a crate in the car. Jordan is fairly submissive and did not resist but didn't bound into the crate like Loki does. We are at the vets and the tech came in to get things started. He is new and he immediately got down on the floor and began petting her. Jordan was calm but watchful. When it came time for the blood drawing and pawdicure, he asked me would she be better up on the table. I told him to just hold her and rub her belly. He pulled her onto his lap and held her like a baby and began rubbing her belly, Jordan loves belly rubs more than anything and you could just see her going completely limp and sighing with pleasure. The tech looked at me and said "it's like she is melting into me, I have never had a dog do that." After Dr Robyn was done he stayed with Jordan in his lap, talking to her and rubbing her belly. If I didn't have to go to work, I think I would still be there. He did not want to let her go at all. Dr Robyn told him that all my bassets were suckers for the bellyrub technique. Jordan took a cookie from him and began wagging her tail so he is now her friend, Guess I will have to start a facebook page for her!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan the cute

Kr1204
kr1204 at aol.com