[Dailydrool] LuLu at the dog park

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 21 12:53:14 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Well, Snoopy is spending the day at the vet so when Cyrus and I went to go to
the dog park and LuLu asked if she could come we said sure .... why not?

Now, she has been working on her socializing with my neighbors.  She has been
getting better and better about letting men pet her and not crouching down and
trembling and so on.  We've been to PetCo a few times and she did well.  So ...
I figured we'd try.

She was AMAZING.  She let all the people pet her and she let all the dogs sniff
her and she sniffed the other dogs and the tail was wagging and UP and doing the
helicopter circular wag.  She didn't get too far from me .... she wanted to be
right by me .... but she was VERY social.  And, she never made a sound.  Unlike
Mr Ahroooooooo himself she was very poised and dignified.  I just couldn't
believe my eyes .... Miss Social Butterfly.  She has put on about 10 lbs in the
almost 3 weeks I've had her .... and could use AT LEAST another 10 so she is
still skinny ... but it isn't horribly skinny like she was.  Her coast is much
better and her feet look pretty good so people don't get freaked out by her
appearance anymore.  She seems to feel normal and act normal and looks pretty
normal (albeit skinny) and she just doesn't seem to be affected by all she's
been through.

HURRAY!!!

Now if I can just get Snoopy back from the vet with a good prognosis I'll be
very happy.

--Dale