[Dailydrool] Baby Bassets and The morning howl

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Thu Mar 29 07:25:45 PDT 2012

10 weeks is the youngest I will even consider allowing a puppy to leave his or her littermates and then only if I feel the puppy is ready. I prefer they stay until 12 weeks.
All of the posts have read have had some great advice. I would recommend lots of patience along with everything else. I also recommend crate training for not only puppies but all dogs. It can save their lives in an emergency.

Here we have a morning howl off that usually starts about 6:30 a.m. I let them serenade us for a few minutes than I tell them "That's enough. Thank you." Everyone joins in including our weimaraner Megan. It can be quite loud and go on for 20 minutes if I don't give the signal to stop. I usually get up around 7 a.m. and let everyone out to pee on the weeds.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets