[Dailydrool] Reading The Droolz

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 12:18:42 PDT 2012

Momma here, and what a beautiful day!! Warm sunny and feels like summer!!!
It has been a busy week here, Sister Daisy had to go see Doc, seems she has a badly infected back chopper, so we have her on antibiotics and have a dental overhaul scheduled. Hubby is questioning the teeth of we females here at the Beach, I guess if it isnt me, it is Daisy!! But at least she is feeling a bit better and eating some now.
Bessie, the younger, is putting on some weight, she loves the warm days and rolls thru here like she owns the place---until it gets dark, then we have old fears come out, but we are working on those--and well as trying to get her to understand that when Elwood says he is done playing he really does mean it. She gives him a fit, but at least he is out of the bathroom now and not sitting so much on the toilet as he was. She is just something. I so wish I had her energy.

Chrissy welcome to the world of Drool and basset loving folks. As far as the boys having a go at it, it always reminds me of young kids--that "you touched me" syndrome--but remember--no matter who is the top hound, you are the top dog---once that is established, they can mostly settle any differences----I had to step in today as Sister Daisy thought is necessary to snap at Bess as she walked by--there was no mistake as to who is in charge when I raised my voice, and the situation ended as fast as it started. Your boys will settle, it just takes time!!! We hope to hear more of the antics!!

Happy Birthday Wishes for Edmond and Milo!! May the bowls be full and the bellies rubbed on this special day!

Snoopy and Dale, ahhhhh, the basset nose will find it--maybe a everyday check of what is out and available needs to be done, and things put away before Snoopy gets sick. Years ago Elwood almost died from a leaf off a plant here that fell and he took a chomp. The plant had been on the end table for 20 years, and shed a leaf--that was all it took. Elwood took a nibble, spit it out and spent days in the hospital--it almost cost him his life, and to save him cost me thousands. A basset can and will try anything--never think you have them trained to leave things alone. I remember that day too well when Doc called and said he didnt know if he would be able to save Elwood---

Marlene, so glad to hear Maggie is doing better--it has been a long haul with her allergies, lets hope the good news continues!

Nigel--well we hope you are eating and feeling much better--

Well thats it from the Beach-I now have a dog door war going on--Clara taught Sister Daisy well on this one-lay in front of the flap and dare anyone to try to go in or out---worse than kids I tell ya---

Drool to all in need--enjoy the sunshine!!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger