[Dailydrool] Happy brifday to me

Anthony Burges ajburges at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 9 22:06:49 PDT 2012

Hi Its Douglas,

I don't write often but daddy reads the drool daily down here in Australia

Today is my 6th birfday so I deserve lots of treats. Some of you may
remember almost six years ago when daddy wrote asking advice on a buppy (me)
diagnosed with a herat problem and some of youse nicely wrote and offered
some words. I just thought I let youse all know that all is well downunder-
I rule the roost, counter cruise, eat my body weight in chicken wings, get
my multiple walks a day, play with other dogs, chase balls and occasionally
eat a Pomeranian or Shit Tzu. Now if I could just get rid of that stupid
corgi who's staying with us I'd get all the pets and treats

Lots a love

Douglas

Owner and operator of Anthony, Juliette, Maddie and Charlie (and that bloody
corgi)

We brought Douglas from a breeder almost six years ago, unfortunately we
found out at about 4 months that he has a serious defect with his heart with
faulty tricuspid valve. This ldd to blood regurgiatting  and would lead to
congestive heart failure and on a scale of 1-6 his was a 5 so quite serious.
After many tests the vets said he would be lucky to make two years of age,
which was of course upsetting. Now he has turned 6, going a little grey
around the muzzle and while he has slowed down a bit he still does
everything he wants to do, two walks a day, plays with other dogs and cahses
things. Many roast chickens have gone into getting him toe at his pills but
I think the vets are still perplexed by this big boy (almost 40kg and not
fat) who refuses to give up. I once said sometghing about what we'll do when
douglas is gone, he looked at me as if to say ' gone" where am I going? I am
not going anywhere, I like it here" and so he stays, even if he has tos hare
with my mother's corgi who can be aright royal pain.

Tony

50 Polding Street

Drummoyne NSW

2047