[Dailydrool] Excellent news

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 23:59:17 PDT 2012

I am behind on Drools as our computer has not been able to access the Internet for the past three days for no reason anyone can determine--but then, magic--it just fixed itself a few minutes ago for no reason. So I want to post quickly--
Excellent news on our homefront today--Harley's mass is benign, not cancer. Hooray. And Bo's liver function test values have returned to normal on his new medication regime. Also hooray.
The boys are not feeling the joy, however--dentals today. Harley needed three teeth pulled; Bo needed one pulled. The vet said what happened to their teeth was very unusual--their molars seem to have hollowed out with decay (which happens in humans but rarely with dogs). The vet suggested this was something genetic probably. (Their ancestry is unknown; they are both neutered). Has anyone ever heard of this? I know they do not munch on sweets when I am not looking, unless cat poop and roadkill count. So it's a round of antibiotics and painkillers for the four leggers, and champagne (well, not really) for the two leggers in celebration of imminent terrible health problems miraculously missed for both pups.