[Dailydrool] bassets and bugs

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 24 11:30:05 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

I'm a bit confused by Bo's post.  I must admit I was really amazed when we first
brought Snoopy home because no fly is safe from him.  He is amazing.  He will be
laying there asleep and something will buzz past and he will barely move but the
tongue comes out and the choppers slam shut and he's got it.  He NEVER misses.
EVER.  There is never, ever a fly in the house because if one was ever dumb
enough to come inside it would be eaten immediately.  And when outside it is
like a buffet.

Enter LuLu.  She does exactly the same thing.  I still remember the first time
they were laying side by side on the rug out back and a fly buzzed close and
Snoopy opened one eye and LuLu slipped her tongue out and slammed her choppers
shut and Snoopy looked at her with a VERY irritated look like ... HEY, I was
going to get that.  LuLu never misses either.  She got a bee last week when I
wasn't home and ate him before my husband could stop her.  She looked kind of
shocked he said and went over and drank half a bowl of water (outside bowl, big
bowl).  I guess she drown the bee because she was fine after that.

Cyrus thinks they are both gross in this regard.  He doesn't eat bugs.  He
ignores them.

So .... I am confused because I thought all bassets were natural bug nailers
.... but after reading Bo's post, I guess not.

I remain .... the clueless momPerson with Snoopy (I'm really quick) and LuLu
(I'm even quicker) and Cyrus (they are both disgusting and while I love them I
still don't think either one is actually a dog)