[Dailydrool] Bassets and Bugs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:08:09 PDT 2012

Many years ago when I had cats, I got a call at work from my nearly
hysterical son who was home. A bird had gotten into the house and the cat
was after it, with the imagined ferocity and prey drive which meant nothing
was safe-- lamps toppled, curtains shredded, heads were used as launch
pads, claws were out and so were the brains. (He got the bird.)
This is exactly what happens when any flying insect gets into the house and
Conley sees it. It can be a fly or, his favorite because they buzz-- "June
bugs". The screen on my window might as well not be there, I have cut it so
many times to break into the house when I have forgotten my keys, so now in
the evening, as I sit with the desk lamp and TV on, the room is an
entomologists delight. But Conley is not a cat. With just as much
enthusiasm, he leaps and climbs and snaps and ahhroos and whirls and
attempts to fly after the offending six-legger. His kill count is waaay
low, but his exercise quotient is up. LOL.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley