[Dailydrool] ABC News

Christine Stewart Stewart1527 at msn.com
Thu May 24 15:55:45 PDT 2012

Just a curious question...did anyone catch ABC News on Wednesday May 23rd discussing the Labs that are used has service dogs?  They had dogs that could "smell" when someone's blood pressure was unsafe and cause them to pass out.  As well they had dogs that could "sniff" an unsafe diabetic that could pass out.

Any ideas how Bassets missed the boat on that....with their sense of smell only second to a bloodhound....GOD knows my baby could sniff a steak out at a mile away and I am pretty sure would not care if I fell down unless it was close to feeding time.

Service dogs are incredible...we have service dogs in training that use our store for socializing the dogs and they are all Labs...and a few handicap customers that come in with "working dogs"  Keep in mind...I am a basset lover, I came around the corner and this little old lady is using a Great Dane...I came up so fast, let me tell you ....I am not use to coming EYE TO EYE with a dog...Just averted a change of underwear.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Christine
West Grove, PA