[Dailydrool] Update from Beauford

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:54:15 PDT 2012

This is Beauford. First I have to apologize for the momslave misspelling
Rugers name. How embarrassing! Fortunately it looks like the drool worked
any way. She did give us strawberries, mangos, melon and asparagus to help
the process. She even found two baby bunnies in the strawberry bed when she
was picking berries. All I can say is these babies better be smarter than
the last babies! I killed one for getting in the fenced backyard and
mocking me through the sliding backdoor. The other one forgot the cardinal
rule of sitting and looking both ways before crossing the street. No. Mom
and Dad are not the guilty parties. They don't know who did it, but the
rabbit was smooshed in the road. On our walks, mom told us this is why we
have to look both ways before crossing the street.

I need to also point out that when we go to the vet only Browyn and me geet
to be greeters.  Bugsey has to keep the vet and the vet techs company in
the office.  There are a couple of reasons for this. 1. The vet has a nasty
little chihuahua that has only liked two dogs in its office in its life:
Elwood (ATB) and Bugsey.  Go figure. She has only bitten two dogs in her
life: Blitzen (ATB) and Browyn. Go figure. Then there is this problem that
Bugsey just can't believe that any dog or cat would ever hate him. Really.
A chow walked in one day and it was muzzled and growling and spitting and
trying to claw Bugsey's eyes out and Bugsey tried to walk right up to it
and make friends. The boy has NO common sense. Browyn and I realize that
some dogs just have no common sense and need to be given a wide berth.

Clueless Mom. Eating bees is a dominant female thing. They think they can
show the bees who are boss. Males have enough sense to not eat bees because
they sting. You might think about keeping some liquid benadryl
around. Stupid Blitzen (ATB) used to eat bees all the time and developed a
wicked allergy to them. It was terrible. Her face would swell up and you
couldn't even see her little eyes. Her breathing would sound terrible. Mom
would pump her full of benadryl and call the vet and we would rush to the
vet with me in tow so I could lick Blitzen the whole way there and then
make sure the vet did his very best when we got there. Mom would have to
yell at the combines and the tractors to get out of the way (we live in the
country). The vet would give Blitzen steroids in an IV and then we would
get a prescription to take home. It was very traumatizing. And the next
time a bee got in the house the brat would do it again unless mom or dad
got to the bee first.

Over and out.  Beauford with Bugsey, Browyn and the Momslave Jennifer