[Dailydrool] Basset in the news

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 20:28:11 PDT 2012

There is a brief news clip on the Internet today entitled "Dog befriends thief". It is from Delray, Florida. A video captures a would-be thief approaching a house, where he is greeted by a wagging basset hound. The basset accompanies the thief to the door of the house where the would-be thief attempts to break a window on the door. The basset stands by his side and wags. The window doesn't break. The would-be thief bends down and pets the basset hound, still wagging. Police are looking for help identifying the man in the video. The moment I saw the headline "dog befriends thief", I just knew that the dog was going to be a basset.