[Dailydrool] Beautiful story about the rescuer at the bridge

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:57:08 PDT 2012

OK, the Rescuer at the Bridge story just made me bawl! I'm just a big, old
softy and it always hurts my heart to think about so many lost, abused,
neglected, and tossed-away beautiful babies. God, I wish I could help them
all. And then you have people who really try and have idiotic, crabby-a**
old fart neighbors who make your life hell when you do try and help.
Grrrrr!!!  Anyway, that was a touching story and it gives you pause for
thought.

Wen - THANK YOU for taking Floyd! At least that beautiful old boy will have
a wonderful home for the rest of his days. That rotten witch!!!! Well,
maybe that's why I'm still single. If any man tried to tell me that I had
to choose between my dogs and him, well he'd get splinters in his face from
the door being slammed in it! And I know there are exceptions and all of
that, but again, Grrrrrrrrr!!

With all the sadness that's been going around, I do have a bit of good
news. Cleo's lymph nodes cytology results came back with no "C". I was in
the grocery story when he called and I actually got down on my knee and
thanked God (I know people think I'm crazy, but I don't care). Doc thinks
she might have a little infection or something else going on and is going
to put her on an antibiotic and since her armpits seem to be flaring up
again a bit, probably an antihistamine again. She's my plucky little old
"P" and I love her so much, it hurts!

Oh, and I was reading an article in Metro Pet, one of our local KC pet
magazines, and I'll post the article later but it was talking about how
good that probiotics are for our dogs. The article was talking about how
all the environmental toxins, junk in the dog food, etc., get our dogs
systems all out of whack, but what caught my eye was how it talked about
how all those things can get our dogs digestive systems out of sorts and
make them all gassy, etc. I immediately thought of all the bloat issues and
how a lot of this stuff could really contribute to it. I'll post the exact
article, but am really thinking about finding a good probiotic to sprinkle
on my houndies food to keep their stomach "flora" on track.

Heart healing drool to all our sick babies and for those (way too many
lately) that have lost their precious angels.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."