[Dailydrool] BHRSC Raises $4, 500 Reward for Arrest of Individual Who Light on Fire and Killed Basset Hound in Ventura County

Melissa Ruthenbeck-Chiaramonte mruthenbeckchiaramonte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:47:19 PDT 2012

A three year old basset hound named Buddy was soaked in lighter fluid and
lit on fire Saturday morning in Ventura County. Buddy was one of Basset
Hound Rescue of Southern California's hounds. We placed him with his
adoptive family in August 2011. BHRSC is sick and devastated that anyone
would do something so horrific to a helpless animal. We have pledged $1,000
to add to the Crime Stoppers $1,000 reward to help find this individual and
have raised an additional $3,500 so far bringing the current reward total
to $5,500. The support for Buddy has been truly amazing with donations
coming in from all over the world.

The police are investigating this crime and in order to make sure Buddy is
not forgotten and his killer is found BHRSC is working to continue adding
to the reward and contacting all the media outlets we can. The individual
who would commit such a disgusting act is not someone we want on the
streets. In order to protect other innocent animals, children and members
of society he needs to be caught.

Please visit BHRSC.org to donate toward the reward (indicate Buddy on
donations) or for updated information.

Please keep Buddy in your thoughts.

--
Thanks,