[Dailydrool] Loose dogs and luck

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 2 15:29:15 PDT 2012

it's the clueless momPerson chiming in.

A few months ago a teenage boy came around in the middle of the night and pulled
the screen off of my daughters window and woke her up and tried to get her to
open the window and climb out to join him and his friends for an "adventure."
She had a friend sleeping over.   The girls declined the invitation .... the
hounds were alerting and we could be heard telling them to quiet down so all the
kids knew the dogs had told on them.  I don't like this boy, he is 18 years old
and he should stay the heck away from my 15 year old daughter and if he wants to
come around he should knock on the door, not pull my daughters bedroom screen
off in the middle of the night.

In the morning I told my daughter to tell him that he was an idiot and he had
probably left his finger prints on the screen and he had left it off and I had
half a mind to call the police and tell them there had been an attempted
breakin.  That night as we ate dinner someone opened both the outer and the
inner gates to our backyard and turned all 3 dogs loose.  Fortunately for me I
have great neighbors and 10 seconds later a little girl knocked on my door to
tell me the hounds were loose.  By the time I got outside her mother had Snoopy
and Gracie on lead.  LuLu was loose but in sight and she came when called and so
there was a happy ending.

The boy hasn't been around since.  Turning the dogs loose did NOT endear him to
my daughter, so I suppose I should be glad he did it.  Well, I presume he did
it, who else would have done it?   I have found I don't know how many loose dogs
in my neighborhood and taken them home.  It's a good place to have dogs.  But
there are definately idiots out there and it's not just our dogs that they have
no concern for the safety of.

I can't read all the stuff either.  About the kids or the dogs which have been
victims of cruelty OR carelessness and sometimes I can't tell which is worse
(cruelty or carelessness).

I'll still keep on drooling.  I just skip over posts that upset me (or my
stomach).  And, I agree with Bev, can't watch scary stuff either.