[Dailydrool] Dog in California

debbie jenkins homerandbob at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:29:38 PDT 2012

I too have been in tears many times just thinking about that poor basset
baby in CA and utterly devastated that someone would do something so
heinous to a dog or any other living creature for that matter. But I am
still confused...I thought I read the family had two other bassets. So I
guess I am not getting something. If the other two were in the house how
would the poor baby that died get outside at 3:00 in the morning? Why
didn't anybody notice he was outside the house? Do they have a dog door or
something? How long was he missing? It seems weird that if he was outside
that some random person would come along at that hour of the night and
do what they did.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic toward the family at all, just
confused.

We don't have a dog door so mine can't get out at night unless I take them
outside. I always go out with them and wait for them to get done with their
business. I guess there have been too many bad things happen that I can't
just let them go outside by themselves no matter what time of day it is.
That's just me being paranoid. My husband says, they will be ok in the
backyard by themselves for a few minutes but things can go terribly wrong
in just a few minutes too. I have lost too many of my bassets to cancer
these past few years to lose one by not being vigilant. Ok, I am an
overprotective basset hound mom!! And it's funny, because if the two boys
can't see me in the yard with them, they immediately head for the gate and
want to come in!!

I sincerely hope the a-hole that did this is found and killed, I mean
prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. Hope nobody ever even thinks
about trying any of that crap on my dogs, I assure you they would get the
same treatment back and if I had to set in jail the rest of my life, so be
it.

Debbie  - Momperson to Wyatt and Finney, ATB: Sade Mae, Homer, Zoe Jane and
Bob